Ireland – Ben Lanigan was shocked when a horse wandered into his yard. His shock turned to concern when he noticed the horse appeared to be very ill as it laid down and thrashed about.
“This afternoon I witnessed a poor mare wander into our front garden with unsteady legs and collapsed in front of me,” Lanigan wrote in a Facebook post. The police were called, and they did their best to give the horse water and care until a veterinarian could arrive.
The vet diagnosed the mare with advanced spasmodic colic, beyond the point of recovery. Her temperature was over 105, the highest the vet had ever seen. Her tail was caked with feces, she had sores around her mouth and body, and was infected with fleas. The vet euthanized the mare.
“[She] was more than likely released out to die and be left to someone else…how many more will it take for local politicians and world leaders to intervene,” Lanigan pleaded.
Author: Dale Williams <-- Become my friend on Facebook! - Phone: 724-964-6773
You May Also Like -