Washburn, North Dakota – When Michelle Klatt saw her young filly limping slightly and favoring her back right leg earlier this month, she wasn’t immediately concerned. “She looked like she might have stepped in a hole or tripped and was just favoring her back right leg,” Klatt wrote on her Facebook post.
The next evening, the filly was unable to walk, and was exhibiting signs of a serious neurological condition. The filly just laid as if she was dying when Klatt began clipping her hair and removing ticks. Over 100 ticks were removed from the filly before she was rushed to the vet for treatment. The vet prescribed anti-inflammatory and antibiotics for the filly. It is believed the filly was suffering from tick bite paralysis, a neurological condition caused by a toxin in saliva.
Within 24 hours of removing the ticks, the filly was beginning to show signs of improvement. Klatt is happy to report that her filly is completely healed.
Author: Dale Williams <-- Become my friend on Facebook! - Phone: 724-964-6773
You May Also Like -